Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Assignment #5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73HCQzG5akw

Alicia Keys - How it feels to fly.
I chose this song because it is an inspirational song and something i can listen to when feeling down or as if i can't get through the day. This song is uplifting and although i don't go to church and am not very religious, it has a church like feel to it. My favorite part of the song is
And If I can touch the sky, I'd risk to fall just to know how it feels to fly

This one statement really means a lot. She is basically saying that in life you take risks and many times its truly worth the risk. The outcome may be bad but to at least say you accomplished it will mean a lot to yourself and perhaps others. You can be an inspiration to not only yourself, but a whole generation of people. There will be pain but life goes on.

2 comments:

  1. Jahrena, welcome to the blogs. I liked how you told us why you chose it. Nice song--her voice has a Mariah Carey quality to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "And If I can touch the sky, I'd risk to fall just to know how it feels to fly"
    You are perfectly right with a thoughts about risking. I know that is sometimes hard to imagine, but I am very shy person, and for a long time it was preventing me from trying many things. I lost a lot of time and now I regret. So risk and fly .

    ReplyDelete